With so much going on in the world today; I thought this would be a good topic to reflect on! I had to get my approach in the right place and get my emotions in check before I touched on the subject and hopefully it will reach someone.
Proverbs 22: 6 says this “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it“. (NKJV)
Society is always saying that it starts at home!
Who are you raising? Are you raising your children to become strong young boys and young ladies that can be respectful and considerate of others? That will show others kindness and love? That will be compassionate to those in need and empathize with situations even if they don’t comprehend the full reality? Kids grow up to become adults and we have to remember while it may start at home; it continues into adulthood! (Something to think about).
Who are you connected to?
John 15: 5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me and I in him, bears much fruit; for without me you can do nothing.” (NKJV)
I can honestly say; I have never received a call thus far about any of my children from teachers about them disrupting their class at school or being disrespectful. All of their teachers have always praised them for being good kids.
Now at home may be a different story! Lol they are in their element; their natural habitat around family and are bound to show out! When they leave out that door I have always raised and taught them to be on their best behavior! They not only represent themselves but their parent(s). What parent wants to know their child is acting a fool out in public? In society where there is criticism every way you turn? You can raise good kids but once they walk out that door with their friends and break loose and things get out of hand; they are looked upon as a villain, thug, terrorist; what have you because society likes to use labels. They could be on their way to the movies, store, mall, school, sporting event, work etc and still be considered a threat.
Please open the book and read; before you judge!
In some cases the label may be in fact a true character example; but what about when it’s not? Some of us will believe what we are told with doing absolutely no research or investigation of our own! The news says that he had a gun; he was robbing someone, he was out there selling drugs!
John 15: 18-19 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.” (NKJV)
5 Things That Can Change the World We Live In
1. Manners: Are you teaching them about using manners? These are so important to instill in our children; it goes along way! Hello. Thank you. How are you? Excuse me. I’m sorry. Very simple words can change the world; don’t you agree?
2. Compassion/Sympathy: Are you teaching them about compassion and sympathy? I don’t know or haven’t experienced what you have; but I’m still sorry for what you are going through (this is how we are to respond to what others are facing or may be facing; we don’t assume or point fingers).
3. Empathy: Are you teaching them about empathy? You put yourself in the shoes of others; you try to understand their feelings, situations what have you. You give and show your support; not criticize what you don’t know.
4. Color Blind: Are you teaching them that we all come in different shades of color; and that we are all still the same? We bleed the same blood? We cry the same tears? We all feel pain? Have you taught them that?
5. Love: Are you teaching them to love themselves as well as others? So many of our children are growing up unloved! They become adults whom don’t know how to love or be loved? Do you tell them that you love him or her?
Prayer Has Never Hurt Anybody!
Heavenly Father there is so much going on in the world today; Father help us! There is so much hatred, heartache and pain! Father we need you! We need your protection Lord, the enemy has been very busy; our children, our fathers, our sisters, our brothers. Cover us Lord like only you can; block the enemy and keep us far from his reach. In the mighty name of your son Jesus! Amen.
©Tamara McCarthy Enterprises 2016